Thursday, March 10, 2011

Be the Change....

Change. To cause to be different. To give a completely different form or appearance to. To be different. To lay aside or abandon. To make RADICALLY different.

I looked up a few definitions of what Change means....and realized I know I want to change. God has given me so much, and I tend to just "go through the motions" of life. We get up, fix breakfast, go to work, take the kids to school, "do our day", then pick the kids up, fix dinner, run to whatever sporting event we have that day, homework, feed pets, baths, bed. Get up the next day, and do it all again. I don't want to sound negative (although on these rainy dreary days, I do tend to get a little down) but I want more than that. I want my kids to have more than that. That is a goal I have made for myself. I can honestly sit here and say that I have made some changes. I have stepped out on faith in a few areas of my life. I ventured to a foreign country, following God's call...and He has done nothing but "rock my world" since. =) I know that I have a l-o-n-g way to go, but the results that I have seen, just by making these changes are life altering. I can't make it through a day without spending time in His word.. That may sound crazy to you, if you haven't done it. I don't mean, just opening the Bible, reading something, and marking it off your to do list. I have been there, done that...It helped my OCD tendencies, but didn't help me at all with my Christian walk. Do it. Seriously pray before opening your Bible. Ask Him to teach you something today as you get into His word. He will. It happens to me DAILY. I promise. I can tell you about my experiences all day, but until you do it yourself. That's when you will be amazed. I want my kids to understand how important this is in their lives as well...I know that spending time with anyone increases the stability of that relationship. Your husband. your kids. your friends. Why not Jesus? It works. =)
I want to use the talent that He has given me to share His love with as many people as I come into contact with. He is telling me to do that with my Photography Business...I know that I may not be the best out there. I may not make the most money. I may not have the most elaborate equipment. I may not have all of the professional "titles" after my name. Sometimes those things bother me, but more than all of that-I do have Jesus. He is on my side. Guiding me along this journey. I often compare my journey to the Israelites  They complained, He stepped in. They complained. He came to their rescue. Over and over....I wonder if when they got to the Red Sea....if when the water parted. Did they complain about getting mud on their shoes? Wondering what they would have to face when they got to the other side? Worrying about how they would deal with what would happen next? Or did they just take the BIG step of faith, and go forward...probably running...Knowing HE was with them.. I think that's what they did.  That's what I want to do. I want to
Be The Change....I want to see in the World.
Share Him Daily. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment