Thursday, March 3, 2011

Available

Available-Being willing to start where you are, use what you have, and do the best you can

I want to be Available.

I just read the following...
"Don't limit yourself in God's service simply because you come from a small town, the inner city, or a place tucked away in hopelessness.  It is just like God to take the smallest and least of His creation and turn it into something great and significant. It makes no difference where you are from.  All that really counts is, Where are you going? Why are you going? and Who is going with you? After all, God never makes a mistake.  If you're in sync with God, He will empower you and arm you with all that's necessary to give it a go." ~Franklin Graham, Living Beyond the Limits 

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. "(1 Peter 4:10-11)

That hits home with me right now. I know that God has been telling me to take a leap of faith, and to follow Him. Giving up a secure job, to do something that has no job security. Knowing what I should do, and having the mind set that I can do it has been difficult. Staying in His word is causing me to see things in a different light. I am in awe of how He speaks to us through His word. I have heard this all my life. Like I have said before, until you put it into action. You don't really understand it. Pastors, Sunday School teachers, your parents-they can all tell you "read your Bible, Pray daily"...but until you get "in Sync" with God, and make it a priority in your daily life, it is just a chore of sorts. Don't just let it be something that you check off of your "To-Do List"...It has to be a time set aside for Him. For years, I said, "I don't have time", or I just read something to read it...and didn't actually get much at all out of it....and now(no I am not perfect by any means) but I look forward to getting in His word. I feel like He speaks to me that way.

I know that He is speaking to me about certain things...and I just want to be Available. I know He is working. I can't wait to see the outcome. I know that it is going to be bigger than my little ole' mind could ever imagine. More than anything, I want others to see HIM through me. I didn't go to school for photography, I have never claimed to be the "best"...I am my own worst critic...believe me...One of the reasons, I find this journey so difficult..because "There are so many amazing photographers" Why Me? I don't know the answer, but if I can help people see life through His Eyes...I will have found my purpose.

Let's Go...never look back, always look ahead. Ready to go down the path that God has prepared for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment