Thursday, April 14, 2011

Don't Say Why Me? Say What For?

Don't say Why Me? Say, What for?
James and I went to see Soul Surfer last weekend. I had seen the previews, and knew that it would be a good movie, possibly even a tear jerker. Little did I know it would cause me to need a full box of Kleenex...I never would have imagined that I could relate to this story on SO many levels.

The girl in the story loses her arm to a shark bite while surfing-which is her passion. I won't "ruin" the movie for those of you who haven't seen it yet. But I want to share what I "got" out of this story.

-No matter what type of "storm" we are facing in our lives...There is a way to give glory to God in the midst of it. It may be difficult, and we may not even actually understand it....But that is the purpose.

-If God is calling us to do something. We need to do it. Don't worry, Don't wait and wonder. Or ask questions. Don't put your self first. Always put Him first. Just do it. And you will be glad you did.

-With Christ ALL things are possible....(this was repeated over and over in this movie) <3 that.

-We are to share Christ with all the World. Missions. It is a calling for ALL of us...Not just some..."Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20

-Sometimes in life, We are to do something...not for our benefit..but for the benefit of others. When you are IN a situation...All you see is what you are facing. If you step back and try to see the "bigger picture"...There may just be something that you would never see. We HAVE to be about our Father's business....and try to see things through "His Eyes" ;) (Photography Business advertisement there...that was free) Lol....

I could go on and on..but I will wrap this up...I will be honest here...When I was in Haiti, I heard God. I know if you have never been there...It is hard to understand. It wasn't an audible voice. But it was His Voice. I KNOW that I am supposed to be doing this. I know that I am supposed to let go of a profession that I have had doubts about since I started. I know that this is His plan. Is it easy? Ummmm. That's a big no. I cry a lot. I don't want to put stress on my husband or my family financially. And yes, we depend on my paycheck. I have prayed. A lot. Especially lately. I actually had a friend contact me in the past week concerning a job offer...Nothing I had looked for. Nothing I had even heard about before. She came to me. We met and talked. Sounded pretty good. But seriously, HOW many jobs can one person have? LOL....That is the attitude I came home from the meeting with...I know I have been praying, Lord, but another "Nursing" job? Ugh....(Won't explain the details of job here, but it is minimal hours, and not "really nursing work"-I work one day a week at the hospital and it is less hours than that....but a great opportunity to help us financially-and possibly, eventually say farewell to the hospital....Only time will tell ;) But seriously praying about that one too)

Photography is still first in my heart...and my life...I even told the person who contacted me about this job...Photography and God's business will come first....and the answer I got..."No problem...I agree with you" But I decided that there are NO coincidences...God puts people and opportunities in our lives for a reason. I prayed about this for a week. I decided this morning, that I believe this is a God-thing. ;) I love that. So, gonna try it. And see what He has in store...Because I know He's in it...Which makes me smile. Because He loves me that much. He sees a need...and He supplies...Over and Over. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment