Thursday, February 23, 2012

Really?


Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel. Philippians 1:12

This verse really spoke to me this morning...It was written by Paul, while he was in prison. He was doing what God had called him to do, sharing the gospel, and he ended up in prison. But even in the depths of his problems....he knew that there was a purpose for his trials.
How can we say that?
It is so hard to have this attitude. We tend to want to wallow in our pity. I know I do. But God used Paul. He ended up in prison, and while he was there, he shared the gospel to those who were around him. Prison guards and prisoners were led to Christ. Was there a purpose in this? Absolutely. So, is there a purpose in our trials? I think the answer is the same. God will use us in our circumstances. Because what happens to me, isn't really about me....Is it? It's how I let God shine through my trials. He is the only reason we are here. To share his love with others. God doesn't bring us to him through a saving grace for us to sit here, and soak, do nothing for others, be selfish, and think we are "safe"  now that we are saved. He has called us to do so much more. How does God want you to use your life? What is He asking you to do? Take the risk, it is worth it. God will use you in a powerful way. <3 I'm willing, Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment