Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I Still Love Summer


There is a lot on my mind today. Not sure that this blog post will be much more than a rambling session, but it is what it is =)
July has always been my favorite month of the year. It is the month that I had an aneurysm. Was thinking today...Does that change my mind about it being my favorite month? Will the memories of the summer of 2011 make my love for the summer time change? I thought about it for a while, but honestly...my answer is no. It won't change except to make me love it more. The summer of 2011 was probably the most difficult time I have experienced in my life. Losing a close family member, major car problems, major health issues personally, major financial burdens~my list goes on and on....and lots of those things are still affecting my precious family today. Some things happen to us, and dig in deep...and seem to never let go. Frustrating. But, I am not all gloom and doom in this post...Promise. Even though all of this happened, there was a purpose behind it. I still am not 100% sure of the why? But I know that my brother in law is in heaven<3, Our car is fixed. Our Lord Healed me~not only physically but spiritually as well....We have jobs to deal with the ongoing medical bills....This past summer, I realized a lot....but I am not in control. No matter how hard we try, we can't control everything. Sometimes life happens. And without a close relationship with my Heavenly Father....I just don't know how to handle it. We don't need to wait until everything falls apart to turn to him either. We need him EVERY day. Ongoing prayer. Bible time. If you are someone who says you don't have the time. Don't talk to me about being busy. Seriously...I can relate better than you can imagine. Our schedule won't fit on my calender....it's so crazy. But one thing I make a priority is time with my Lord. Trust me, it makes a HUGE difference. And then when the trials of life fall into your path. You have a friend, that will be there for you throughout it all. <3 So, I grew a lot during 2011....and for that I am thankful. So, I still LOVE Summer....for more reasons than ever before<3

No comments:

Post a Comment