Monday, July 25, 2011

I don't want to Hide Behind a Keyboard


One thing I really don't want, is for people to think I am something I am not. I have read this on Facebook numerous times...

"WELCOME TO FACEBOOK, the place where RELATIONSHIPS are perfect, LIARS believe they are telling the truth, & the WORLD shows off they are living a great life; where your ENEMIES are the ones that visit your profile the most, your FRIENDS & FAMILY block you and IGNORE you; and even though you write what you are really thinking, someone takes it the wrong way."

When I first read this, I thought...that's true...Sad, but true...I know of numerous occasions where "posts" on Facebook, have caused arguments, or made someone angry, due to something that has been said. If that is the case, is Facebook something we should stay away from? It seems like people can be so brave behind a keyboard. But they are so afraid to say what they feel to someone face to face. I see this in my kids. It is so easy for them to text messages to each other...but if they actually had to call someone, and talk about a problem, or to ask someone to do something....They would rather not. Texting is easier. Facebook is easier. I know from experience. I have been there. I have been the one that sent a message, instead of picked up the phone. I have texted rather than calling...just because I didn't know what or how to get my message across. It is so much easier to sit behind a screen, and do it that way. People don't have to know that I am down and out...if I just send a message. I don't have to talk about anything else. I can keep a message to the point. No questions, no explanations. I kind of like it that way. But am wondering if that is a bad attitude on my part?

Really, there is no question. I know it is. During my Bible Study this morning, I was thinking about this, and comparing it to our love for Christ. We so often think, if we just "live right" and "be the only Jesus that some people ever see" we are doing our duty as a Christian. We can just sit behind our "screen" so to speak...and Be seen, but not heard... Not so. I used to think this was justifiable. I was a quiet and shy person. Therefore, God couldn't expect me to witness...He would be fine with me living for Him, and setting an example that way.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."Matthew 28:18-20

Not really hard to understand. I get it. We are to share His love with those who are lost. Not just from "behind a screen" or a keyboard. But in our every day life. Be vocal. He died for us. Why do we sit here, and let life pass us by, not doing all we can for him?

I am guilty. Just getting my thoughts down. I have had a lot on my mind lately. Praying and trying to decide the direction God wants me to go with my life. Family needs, financial concerns, and many other things come into play. But I know one thing. Regardless of all that is going on around me. He is Here. He is in Control. I often post scripture, or devotions on my Facebook. Not to try to be something I am not. Just trying to share something with others, that has helped me. I know that I have lost a few "friends" due to this type of posts...and if that's the case, so be it. I am who I am. I am slowly growing into this person. Am I trying to portray a "perfect" person? Absolutely not. I fail every day. Fight depression every day. Worry every day. Wonder Why? every day....But I am learning along the way. Searching His Word  for answers...Not sure where He is leading. But def know that I want to follow. My hope is not to hide behind the keyboard....But to share with others, what He has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment