Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Every Morning

"I remember it all—oh, how well I remember—  the feeling of hitting the bottom.But there's one other thing I remember, and remembering, I keep a grip on hope:God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left." Lamentations 3:21-26 (The Message)

This is what I read this morning....I listened to a sermon on the computer this past weekend, and these were the verses that he covered...I hadn't ever read it the way I read it this time...Ever done that? You know something, have read it or heard it before...and until something happens in your life~you hear it or read it completely different....I sometimes talk in circles, so if that doesn't make sense then just ignore it ;) But it makes sense to me....lol....

My sister wrote in her blog post yesterday about going to work...and it seeming so trivial after all the things that have went on in her life the past few weeks...She lost her precious husband, and then having to deal with phones, computers, and things that seem to not really matter in the big picture. I haven't faced the same storms that she has faced, but def have faced a few of my own in the past 6 months or so...and have had the exact same feeling...of Why? Why do I have to do this trivial "Stuff" when I KNOW that God is calling me to do something more....I know the answer...He isn't ready for me to do it yet. It's in His time, not ours. Faith. Prayer. I got it. But I am human also...and the daily grind of our lives, sometimes is so frustrating. Walking around with people who think the purpose of our lives is something so completely different that what it truly is...Deep stuff, I know. But it is where I am right now.

James and I have been praying for a few months now. We have felt "unsettled" for a lack of a better word. It's not the easiest thing to explain, but that is the best way I know how...Ever since I went to Haiti, in January...I feel that God is calling me into missions. James is feeling the same. We personally don't know what that means...I don't neccesarily think that it means we are going to sell everything we own, and up and move to Africa...But saying that, I am completely ok with that too....~if it is where he leads us. But I also know that there are things in my heart, and James too...that we are praying about. I think the troubles we have faced in the past months...are "training ground" for where He is leading us. When everything falls apart, HE is all you have to depend on....I have learned that. I have seen my sister do it. Faith. The basis of what we believe. We know that, but until we have some of our "comforts of life" taken away. We don't really have to have Faith. We say we do, but until it get's hard. I'm not sure that we really have it. Believe me, we haven't had much else lately.

Like the verses I posted above, and the pastor I watched this weekend....every day we get a new 24...to do what He has called us to do....Love this...

Every day, you get a brand new 24. A fresh 24 hours to come at life again. Whatever failures or mistakes, whatever mishaps or missteps that happened yesterday don’t have to determine the course of today. Today is a brand new opportunity for you. A fresh start. You might have missed some shots yesterday. But today you get the ball back, and you can choose to do whatever you want with it.
That’s really good news, because if you’re like me, you don’t get it perfect every day. Life doesn’t happen perfectly to you every day, either. And it can be really easy to beat up on yourself. To freeze-frame your failure or your circumstances.
But God doesn’t look at it that way. For God, his mercy is enough to cover over what you did yesterday, and empower you to live a brand new life today, tomorrow, and for the rest of your life. For God, and for you, every day is another chance to live the life God has dreamed for you.
You’ve got a new 24 today. Give it your best shot. But even if you miss, know that a fresh 24 is waiting on you tomorrow...
Pastor Steven Furtick

No comments:

Post a Comment