Friday, July 22, 2011

Seriously.


I read something on the internet this morning that just bothered me. I read a few different things every morning, devotions, blogs, ect. I really enjoy what they have to say. Feel like they are making a difference for Christ...

Why do people feel the need to criticize someone who is trying to reach others for Christ? Why do people try to find the place where someone has messed up~and poke them right where it hurts? I guess the people who do this have never messed up...I mean, you would have to be perfect, right? To hit someone while they are down...or to criticize someone for something that You, yourself have never done? I guess I just don't really get it. And you see it everywhere, not just on t.v. It goes on right here in our own community as well...I am not going to go into the details of what started my thoughts about this subject~because it would be doing the same. I just hope that as I go about my daily life, that I can try to see things differently. I want to see things through "His Eyes"<3 He loves us all. No matter what.

I read this verse this morning....

But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do,
   what God is looking for in men and women.
It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
   be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don't take yourself too seriously—
   take God seriously. Micah 6:8(The Message)

What does God require from us? Treat people right, Show Mercy to others, and put God first. I could make a list of what "we" try to do...but it has no purpose. Not really.
My thoughts...
I want to take God Seriously. Today. and Every day. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment